Coding / Software Developer
Provide the skills and qualification needed to work as a software developer, programmer or similar technical position.
Coding / Software Development Program
This class is aimed for anyone with basic computer experience who wants to work as software or Application Developer– this is a technical career path.
Day time: 3 months
Evenings: 4 months
Weekends: 6 Months
Day-time Mornings: Mondays to Thursdays, 8am to 12 noon
Day-time Afternoons: Mondays to Thursdays, 1pm to 5pm
Evenings: Mons /Weds / Fridays, 6pm to 10pm
Saturdays: 9am to 5pm.
Prerequisite: Basic Computer / internet exposure
Mode of Learning: Classroom / Online
Computing Support Concepts
As a Helpdesk Specialist, students need to know how to configure, install, and troubleshoot hardware, operating systems, and firmware.
- Assemble and disassemble basic computing hardware and peripheral components
- Build your own computer for various use cases
- Setup a basic wired and wireless network
- Research, purchase, download, install, troubleshoot, upgrade and uninstall Operating systems application
Network Support Concepts
Networks are more than just using your local wi-fi. Students will learn what a network is and its global impact, how to create a network, and how to mitigate network threats.
- Set up and troubleshoot a small network and wireless network
- Install computers in a virtual environment
- Understand network cabling by building your own cables for applications
- Setup remote desktop connectivity to provide and receive support from a remove source/location
- Build a network for a small business from scratch
Technology Security Concepts
Not only will students learn cybersecurity terminologies, instructors will cover how to monitor and assess cybersecurity risks within an IT infrastructure.
- Perform network monitoring using Spiceworks, PRTG and Solarwinds
- Image computers using Clone-zilla and other PC imaging tools
- Secure wireless Routers from unauthorized access
- Encrypt computers and removable storage devices