Career PathBasic Office User Computer Skills Training
Provide the skills needed to function in a modern office, and the ability to use everyday technology.
Basic Office User Computer Skills Training
Computer basics will teach basic concepts needed in today’s tech-driven society. Concepts will include computer components and uses, internet browsing and ethics, social media, computer security and mobile devices. Microsoft Office training provides the skills that we all rely on if we should be efficient with office productivity applications. This entirely hands-on training class helps to develop from basic to advanced skills with Microsoft Office business desktop software.
The Microsoft Office class is a completely interactive training class that teaches the key elements of user-ability in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. This program is very engaging, entirely hands-on and extremely essential for streamlining your Microsoft Office overall user skills.
2 to 3 weeks
Mode of Learning: Classroom / Online
Computing Support Concepts
As a Helpdesk Specialist, students need to know how to configure, install, and troubleshoot hardware, operating systems, and firmware.
- Assemble and disassemble basic computing hardware and peripheral components
- Build your own computer for various use cases
- Setup a basic wired and wireless network
- Research, purchase, download, install, troubleshoot, upgrade and uninstall Operating systems application
Network Support Concepts
Networks are more than just using your local wi-fi. Students will learn what a network is and its global impact, how to create a network, and how to mitigate network threats.
- Set up and troubleshoot a small network and wireless network
- Install computers in a virtual environment
- Understand network cabling by building your own cables for applications
- Setup remote desktop connectivity to provide and receive support from a remove source/location
- Build a network for a small business from scratch
Technology Security Concepts
Not only will students learn cybersecurity terminologies, instructors will cover how to monitor and assess cybersecurity risks within an IT infrastructure.
- Perform network monitoring using Spiceworks, PRTG and Solarwinds
- Image computers using Clone-zilla and other PC imaging tools
- Secure wireless Routers from unauthorized access
- Encrypt computers and removable storage devices